Summer is here! Or almost here. It’s time to throw out those books, get those sexy tans, and spend most of the week partying or hanging out with friends. If you’re not sure where to get started, here’s a list of a few things you should definitely do this summer!
1. Get a Job. First things first. The summer can get very expensive, so you better make sure you have a bankroll. There are many places that have temp jobs. Try the malls or the movie theaters.
2. Summer Movie Nights. I’ve been noticing over the past few summers that many places are offering free movie screenings. This is perfect for a nice date at the park or for the thrift seekers. Bring a picnic basket, blankets, lawn chairs, and get ready for fun and free summer nights. You can Google summer movie nights or L.A. residents click here
3. Warped Tour. Going into its 20th year in existence, Warped Tour is the premiere Rock music festival. With tour dates all across the U.S. and Canada, you can check out your favorite bands right outside your doorstep. For more information and upcoming tour dates, check out their website.
4. Camping. When I was younger, I used to go camping with my family once or twice a year. Camping is still a great way to spend your time this summer. S’mores over a campfire with your closest friends, hiking in the woods, and quality time with nature is a great way to just get away from all the craziness in your life and feel free for a few days.
5. Live it up. We have nine months out of the year when you’re at school or work and summer is the time to just go out there and enjoy yourself. It really doesn’t matter what you’re doing as long as you have a good time and you’re with good company.
I’m sure there are millions of things you can be doing this summer, so now that we got the ball rolling, come up with your plans and go have that amazing summer you’ve always wanted!