The sun can suck the life out of your skin, leaving it dry and dull so it is important to give it some TLC during the warmer months. With all the fun you may have planned for the summer it may be hard to find the time for a beauty regime but there are some easy steps you can take to keep your skin looking like that of a summer goddess’, read on to find out skincare tips that should definitely be on your summer “to-do” list.
- Keep your skin hydrated with a light lotion in a summery scent, I love coconut scented lotions during the warmer months. Your skin will look soft and smooth and can you get anymore “summer” than smelling like tropical fruit?
- Shave your legs the RIGHT way by using a good razor and shaving lotion, no men’s shaving cream (who isn’t guilty of this?). Shaving lotion that is made for women hydrates and wards off cuts.
- Sunscreen should be your one go-to beauty product this season, it protects from harmful UV rays, prevents wrinkles and that leathery look that too much sun can lead to….which I don’t think will be in style any time soon. A shot glass portion of sunscreen is the correct amount to use and should be reapplied every 1-2 hours.
- Exfoliating your skin is always important but it is even more important during summer. Your body and face should be exfoliated about two to three times a week but make sure to use a different exfoliator for your face and body since the body one may be too harsh for your face.
- Self tanner isn’t for everyone, if you are not a fan of the oompa loompa look, fear not, self tanner doesn’t have to leave you looking more orange than a jack-o-lantern on Halloween you just need to know the right amount to apply. Alternating between a facial moisturizer and a self tanner will leave your skin looking sun kissed instead of sun burned.
- Don’t forget about your feet which have been hidden in boots all winter. Nothing looks worse than cute sandals paired with hard, rough feet, keep your feet barefoot ready with a pedicure and if money is an issue try a beauty school they will do them for a fraction of the price. If pedicures aren’t your thing buy a foot scrub and use it a couple of days a week.
What summer skin care tip do you live by?
Photo Source: Blog.chow.md