The fall will be here before we know it and soon it will be time to pack away all of our favorite summer staples or will it? Many of the warm weather pieces we wear are fall acceptable when styled correctly; remember to mix summer attire with a few fall trends. By adding a layer or two, warm weather clothing instantly becomes autumn ready. Read on to find out how to transition your summer favorites to your fall favorites.
- It would be a shame to retire all those floral frocks that you collected over the warmer months, get some extra mileage out of sundresses by pairing them with a leather jacket and ditch the strappy sandals for autumn hued pumps.
- The maxi dress has been a summer staple for the past couple of years but don’t discriminate against this versatile dress it can easily be made into a fall staple. Add a cropped, lightweight sweater and some ankle boots and be ready to face that crisp autumn air.
- A pair of colored shorts styled with a matching jacket and sheer blouse is the perfect outfit for the neutral weather of the in between seasons and work appropriate.
- Don’t ditch your summer skinnies just yet; they can be revived into your go to autumn pants. Pair them with a trendy metallic shirt and ballet flats for a look that adds an extra factor of style.
- What’s a girl to do with all those denim shorts at summers end? Wear them in the fall of course! There are so many ways to transition your shorts into the cooler months, pair them with opaque tights for a hipster chic look. Most any kind of top will work with shorts; try wearing a fall trend such as a fur vest with them.
What’s your favorite summer staple to wear in the fall?
Photo Source: Amemoryofus.com