The maxi skirt is a wardrobe staple that should be in every girl’s closet; it is versatile, comfortable, easy to style and not to mention you don’t have to shave your legs to wear one, what’s not to like about them? The skirt first made its appearance in the 1970’s with a hippie chic vibe then disappeared until the nineties, year later the skirt regained popularity and has now taken on a range of new styles from bohemian to sophisticated and everything in between (I think this is what Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution pertains to). The maxi skirt can be worn in any season with countless style options, read on for ideas on how to wear the ankle length skirt.
1. A floral maxi skirt with a basic tee has an effortless look and can be worn in the spring or summer. Pair a lightweight cardigan for cool nights.
2. Give off a sporty vibe by pairing a solid colored maxi skirt with a graphic tank and ankle boots. Add a varsity jacket to make this outfit fall appropriate but be prepared to attract a few [sports] fans.
3. The crop top has been around for a few seasons now and is the perfect match for a high waisted maxi skirt; it allows you to indulge in the midriff baring trend without having to show too much skin.
4. For a preppy look, a button down shirt and the ankle length skirt is the way to go. Roll up the sleeves to the elbow and keep the shirt tucked in for a chic look that is work day appropriate.
5. A maxi skirt paired with a blazer looks polished and Kate Middleton-esque. Channel your inner princess by picking a blazer in a solid color and a fitted style which will balance out the loose fit of the skirt.
What is your favorite way to style a maxi skirt?